Tuesday, 3 October 2023

Bedding down...

The end of September has been spent on hooves and skates. Skating was a first for Ly, Emily has been wanting to go again for ages and Niomi is still less than sure about the slippy stuff (Tanya takes it all in her stride). Horse riding was again a first for Ly, Emily and Niomi have been wanting to go again for ages and I am still less than sure about the horsey stuff (Tanya takes it all in her stride). Man was meant to go on two legs not four if you ask me, and after my last experience a few years ago I just body swerved the whole thing. Needless to say everyone else finds that funny.

The horse incident was on a long weekend in Banchory, and aside for my equine phobia Banchory was great. I got out running (firmly on 2 legs), breathed in the air and generally kicked back against the autumn blues that had gripped me for a few weeks. There was the usual dose of being wonderfully looked after, and visits to Crathes and Banchory’s finest charity shops.

And as the nights draw in and the weather gets wilder, we’ve also all taken to preparation for the change in season with the girls preferring drawing and cooking, and us adults getting the house ready for winter – clearing out, mending, organising, bottling and pickling. Autumn like Spring are seasons of change – one to the light and one to the dark. And this bedding down is helpful for me to prepare for the hunkering down of the winter season and the impending dark. I'm ready....I think 😕

Skater girlz

First time rider

Happiness is in hot chocolate...

...and in Nana...

...and in food.

Yum... A Ly creation 😋

Niomi by Emily

Emily by Niomi

Videoclip: Blades and Hooves

Or you can watch the videoclip here


1 comment: