Monday, 18 September 2023

The longest day…

Some days just seem to go on forever. Last December I turned 50 and it feels like I’ve been celebrating my birthday ever since. I set a target to do something every month and its been quite an adventure so far.

September's offering came courtesy of our good friends Yvonne and Wilf; a trip down the road to the Spotty Dog for a touch of archery, food, fire and merry making. I was indeed like Robin Hood with my band of merry folk and we all had a cracking time (which was welcome relief from the recent intensity of things with my Dad).

And what has all this celebrating given me (apart from a few sore heads)? Well my birthday offerings have made me remember how truly blessed I am to be surrounded by many, many good people. Friendship is possibly one of the greatest gifts.

Thank you Yvonne and Wilf for being Mr and Mrs September. I was made to feel very special.

The Merry Folk

Mr and Mrs September

Outdoor cooking with a view

Maid Marian was the winner!

Yet more birthday cake😋

Eyes by the light of the fire

Eyes looking for the light

Videoclip: Robin Hood and his Merry Folk
Or you can watch the video here

Friends


1 comment:

  1. It was our pleasure, Nigel, and a joy to spend time with you all. You are so very dear to us.

    ReplyDelete