Wednesday, 26 March 2014

The joy of discovery...

Emily is at a gorgeous stage discovering the world. Everywhere we go she points things out and wants to know what's going on. Her yearning to learn more and more about the world is so much fun to be around, and I am loving imparting my fatherly wisdom to the supreme being. Her 5-word spoken vocabulary ('Mama', 'Dada', 'bye-bye' Texan style, 'dah' for yes, and her emphatic 'no') does not seem to stop us having in-depth conversations about the way things are, and she patiently sits just absorbing everything that I tell her, and then proceeds to fill in the gaps with her melodic babble. This is how I spend my lovely weekends. It's also the antithesis of my working week - where nobody sits absorbing anything I say, and everyone just babbles when they're not supposed to be saying anything. Hmmm, maybe I should introduce the supreme being to my workplace.

Many of this winter's rainy days were spent frequenting Glasgow's Kelvingrove and Riverside Museums, and Emily has really started to love them and know her way around. So much so, we thought we would focus on our daughter's education and recently ventured out with a trip to the Science Centre to add into the mix. Emily seemed to love the day, although I have to say her parents seemed to enjoy pressing all the buttons probably more than she did. And, this parental engrossment nearly caused a wandering toddler to slip away unnoticed on a number of occasions.

Parental Warning: Keep a close eye on your child whilst pressing buttons.

In short though, Emily is going through a delightful stage experiencing the joy of discovery. Long may it continue as I definitely have lots more to tell her and I hope she continues to enjoy listenting to my babble...

 Using her supreme powers to defy the laws of gravity

 Thermal Daddy and Daughter

She know's her way around so straight off to see her favourites

 OMG! It's a giraffe!!


No comments:

Post a Comment