Emily is still demanding her daily constitutionals come rain or shine, only now she's beginning to demand that she actually walks some of it rather than getting carried, driven or pushed. The emphasis of our walking activity has started to become much more about the quality of the walk and nothing to do with quantity. Last time we were in Banchory I managed to sneak out and climb 5 munros and walk 40km in a day. My recent vision of my future that's unfolding before my eyes, is more that if I manage to climb 5 steps and walk 40m it'll be classed as a major achievement for the day.
Thankfully though, the daughter is still loving the bike seat which means we can at least make the park. And the park is full of ducks to be fed and leaves to be tramped in - new found pleasures in my life.
New joy at the discovery of feeding the birds
Can I have some bread too please Mummy?
Heaven is tramping in leaves
And what to do after a hard day's tramping in the leaves? Well, I like to remember that we also had a life pre-arrival of supreme being, and so we recently invited our good friends D and Khen over for dinner, along with their children Ndu and Nnenda.
It's kind of special for us when D comes over, as it was just about three and a half years ago that D introduced Tanya and I to each other. Tanya had been at university with D, and I had worked with her in Nigeria, and 'allegedly' she had always thought we would be very suited - not that I can argue much with that allegation. So to celebrate their visit, I recreated our 'first meeting' meal of pounded yam and egusi soup - a Nigerian speciality. Not sure D and Khen were celebrating quite so much when we expressed our gratitude by generously allowing them to show off their pounding yam technique. Come to dinner at ours - we'll make you work for it. That'll teach them to matchmake...
(Seriously though - thanks D!!!)
Nothing like making your guests sit on the kitchen floor and work for their dinner
Flashback to 3.5 years ago (with small addition in the lime green bib)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment